Features to Enhance Accessibility
The following features have been provided to help make this site fully accessible to as many people as possible.
- All text should be resizable using a browser text-resize option;
- All hyperlinks should make sense when read out of context;
- All images have been given appropriate alternative text;
- The site has been tested to ensure that it is accessible in a wide range of browsers;
- This site can be navigated without the use of a mouse i.e. via Access Keys.
Instructions to Users
The Size of the Text
You can make the text either bigger or smaller to suit you. How you do it depends on the system and web browser which you use. This is how to change the text size in the most commonly used browsers:
If you use Internet Explorer, go to "View" on the top menu bar of the browser, scroll down and select "Text Size", then choose the size you need;
If you use Netscape, Mozilla and Internet Explorer, go to "View" in the top bar, select "Text Zoom" or "Text size" and choose the size you need.
In Netscape or Internet Explorer, go to "View" in the top bar, then select "Text Zoom" or "Text size" and choose the size you need;
In Safari go to "View" in the top bar of the browser, then choose "Text size". Two icons will then be displayed within the toolbar at the top of the browser window. These will allow you to increase and decrease the text size accordinaly.
If you use another browser, you may need to refer to the "Help" function for instructions on how to change the text size.
Making Web Pages Look Simpler
You can change the appearance of pages (the style sheet) to make them easier to read. This is how to change the style sheet in the most commonly used browsers:
In Internet Explorer, go to "Tools" on the top menu bar, select "Internet Options", then click on the "Accessibility" button. Click the top 3 boxes in the pop-up window. If you want to make your own style, you can do it by following the instructions in the lower half of the pop-up window.
In Internet Explorer under the "Explorer" menu, select "Preferences", then "Web Browser" then "Web Content". In the "Page Content" area, clear the check boxes next to the items you don't want, including the style sheet;
If you are using Safari, go to the "Safari" menu, select "Preferences" then "Advanced". Other style sheets can be attached here. If you use any other browser, you may need to refer to the "Help" function for instructions on how to change the appearance of the webpage(s).
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes;
- All images used to convey information have alternative text descriptions.